Thursday, May 16, 2013


Well, here I am contributing to the "blogosphere".  I had thought about blogging primarily
because when I was going through the horrible situation of my husband completely coming
off the rails due to alcohol abuse, I never could quite find anyplace online that seemed
to pertain to my situation.

When I was quite young I had a teacher attack me in his home.  I was able to fight my way out of the situation.  I remember thinking at the time, "Boy, I am kind of glad that he attacked ME rather than some of my other girl friends because I know that I could handle the situation and I don't think that they could." Later on in life at age 27 I was diagnosed with Stage 3A Hodgkins Disease and went
through a year of treatment for that.  Almost a decade later a dear friend received a
similar diagnosis and he called me and we talked for so long and I had so much to tell
him; things I wished I had known during my diagnosis and treatment.  I remember thinking
that it was so wonderful that I could offer the benefit of my experience to someone in
need.

And now several weeks ago, another dear friend contacted me asking how in the world I had
survived Hubby's alcoholism especially with two kids and she was lost and didn't know
what to do...  And I could help her (at least I think I helped her!).  And I thought again
that it was so wonderful that I could offer the benefit of my experience to someone in
need....

So here is my blog - because I rather egotistically think that I may have something to
offer to others in need.  Take what you need, leave what you don't.  Leave a comment if you wish. Don't be a troll; I don't have time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment